Sunday, March 2, 2008

Body Weight Workout

I began this workout with an old Alma Mater MINI Testing from the PARARESCUE (Past Test) This is used when you try out to be selected to enter PJ/ I - School Selection Course.
I completed just !/2 of the test since I didn't have a pool to do the 500 Meter swim and a track for 1.5 mile run.
So let's start: The object of the exercises is to do as many as you can in the allotted time period with 2 minutes of rest between each event.

1. 2 Min. Situps (Feet secured and fingers interlocked behind head) 60 reps (PT Minimums 45)
2. 2 MIn. Pushups (standard) 70 reps(PT Min 45)
3. 2 Min. Flutter Kicks 60 reps(PT Min 45)
4. 1 Min. Chin ups 15 reps(PT Min 5)
Rest for 5 Minutes
I continued the workout for 4 more rounds with 3 exercises in each round going from one exercise to the next with no rest and 1 minute rest between rounds.
1st Round:
25 pushups, 5 pullups,15 hanging knee ups
Rest 1 Min.
2nd Round
20 pushups. 5 chinups, 10 hanging leg raises
Rest 1 Min.
3rd Round
15 pushups, 5 pullups, 15 hanging leg raises
Rest 1 Min
4th Round
30 pushups, 5chinups, 15 hanging knee ups
Rest 1 min
Finisher:
100 body weight squats to parallel

This was all completed within 30 minutes: I was a little disapointed with my numbers in the PAST Test. I will continue Training and check my progress every month until my numbers are at
100 situps
100 pushups
100 flutter kicks
30 pullups
I will have this accomplished in one month or two. Be watching for my updated progress.

Give it a try and let me know how you did.
David

No comments: